Online learning resources
If School Closes to a Year Group bubble
If school or year groups are required to close, teachers will set remote learning lessons for your child to access on Google Classroom as per your child's school timetable.
Go through the following checklist to ensure your child is able to access their learning:
Does your child have access to the internet?
If not, please email your child’s Head of Year
Can your child login to their School Gmail account?
If not, please email email@example.com stating your child’s name and tutor group.
Does your child know how to use Google Classroom?
If they need help, they can access a user guide here
For Students Self-isolating
Students who are self-isolating should do the following:
- Read through the working from home help sheet here.
Download the task grid for their year group below:
- Download our Year 7 work grid 6 here!
- Download our Year 8 work grid 6 here!
- Download our Year 9 work grid 6 here!
- Download our Year 10 work grid 6 here!
- Download our Year 11 work grid 6 here!
- Complete all their work in the study pack exercise book provided.
- Hand in their work to their form tutor when they return to school.
Remember to use your school email to communicate with your teachers. All of your teachers' email addresses can be found here.
GCSEPod is an award winning online resource to support students in their independent learning. GCSEPod contains a bank of highly concentrated, 3-5 minute videos that provide students with specialist subject knowledge for 20 curriculum areas. It's written by expert subject teachers then rigorously quality assured. Every Pod is mapped to GCSE and IGCSE exam boards and are kept up to date with curriculum and technology changes.
Year 10 and 11 Woodside High students are given access to GCSEPod and are encouraged to use it to support their independent learning.
GCSEPod is a great resource that you can encourage your child to use to help them reach their potential whilst building their confidence across a range of subjects. Use GCSEPod to learn a new topic together or help them identify their weakest areas and fill their knowledge gaps. To download resources for parents/carers or to find out more, visit https://www.gcsepod.com/parents/
Problems? Email studenthelpdesk@
Students can use the following websites to access the curriculum.
Individual Student logins
e.g. login:1234@woodside p/w: maths1
KS3 and KS4 (GCSE 9-1) content available with videos and self-marking questions. GCSE Mock papers also available to answer online.
Sch ID: WS3410
Individual student logins and passwords.
KS4 Higher and Foundation content available with videos, powerpoints and self-marking questions. Mock Exam diagnostics available for year 11s.
Sch ID: woodsidehs
Then individual logins.
KS3 and KS4 content available with lessons, homework and self-marking questions.
Students can email Ms Yooyai via the school google email
or contact via SMHW if they do not know their login details.
Subject Specific Resources
|Name||Subject||Year Group||Web Address||Who can I speak to for more info?|
|Google Classroom||Computer Science||7,8,9,10,11||https://classroom.google.com/||Mr Nazir|
|Khan Academy||Computer Science||9,10,11||https://www.khanacademy.org/||Mr Nazir|
|Gojimo App||DT||10,11||Download from App Store||Mr Archer|
|PiXL Unlock||English||7,8,9,10,11||Download from App Store||Mr Beaumont|
|PiXL Lit App||English||10,11||Download from App Store||Mr Beaumont|
|Pearson Active Learn||French & Spanish||7,8,9,10,11||https://www.
|Quizlet||French, Spanish & Mandarin||7,8,9,10,11||https://quizlet.com||Ms Lopez-Monreal|
|PiXL Maths App||Maths||7,8,9,10,11||https://mathsapp.pixl.org.uk||Ms Yooyai|
|Focus on Sound||Music||8,10,11||https://www.focusonsound.com/||Ms Danso|
|GCSEPod||Whole school||10,11||https://www.gcsepod.com/||Mr Robson|
|SAMLearning||Whole school||7,8,9,10,11||https://www.samlearning.com/||Mr Robson|
Your class teacher
Problems? Email studenthelpdesk@
SAM Learning contains thousands of revision activities, across many KS3 and GCSE subjects - and is particularly good for quick review checks on learning.
To login, your child needs:
- The website address: www.samlearning.com
- Our school centre ID: N22WH
- Their username: their date of birth followed by initials, in the format DDMMYYII
- Their password: if they have not yet logged in, this is the same as their username.
Click HERE to find out more!
One Degree's Year 11 students have access to online personal development mentoring and academic tutoring when in-person sessions are not running as well as in-between session dates.
Join our virtual sessions or post a question and get a response within 24 hours!
- Mentoring available in personal development - life skills, personal branding, resilience, critical thinking, growth mindset and more.
- Academic support available for English and Maths - use our resources to practice your skills or post a question your struggling with and a teacher will respond with help.
- Online group sessions - join live sessions during term time Saturdays when in-person session are not running. This includes live challenges, tasks, videos and mentoring.
Not a One Degree student but need more support? Contact us for access to some of our online resources.